A verified badge is a check that appears next to an Instagram account name in search and on the profile. It means that Instagram has confirmed that an account is the authentic presence of the public figure, celebrity or global brand it represents,”
Instagram explained in a post online, below are the steps you can take to apply:
- Log in, go to your profile, and tap. once you log into your Instagram account, head to your profile and click on the three-lined bar at the top right-hand corner.
- Go to settings >request for verification, once you click on the bar, you will see an option to screen. After you click on settings, scroll down to Request verification.
- Enter your full name and submit a form of ID, Instagram users simply have to fill out their full name and attach a photo ID for verification. (screenshot). Your Instagram username should be automatically filled in unless you are logged into a different account, users who wish to be verified just need to enter their full name and then attach a photo of a government-issued id, such as driver’s license or international passport.
- Once you attach your photo, you will simply have to hit “submit.”
- “Submitting a request for verification does not guarantee that your account will be verified,” However, Instagram notes on the page. Users will be notified on Instagram if their application was accepted or denied.
One thing you should know is that Instagram at times verify an account when they find it real, and full of activity, most people with active followers tend to have the chance of getting verified.