There is a difference between parents and, African parents. Well, to be specific, Nigerian parents. They are a rare breed whose definition of parenting is totally different and funny and annoying (very interesting).
Here are some of the few things they do to those of us who are their offspring:
- Never admitting they are wrong
2. Forcing you to talk to relatives that you have no recollection of ever meeting.
3. Telling you to avoid relationships and focus on your studies/career.
4. Making sure you refer to your elders as ‘big mummy’ or ‘big daddy.’
5. Weaving religious quotes into casual conversation