Reports

Ronaldo Souza: UFC fighter tests positive for coronavirus and pulled from card

Legendary fighter Ronaldo Souza has tested positive for the dreaded coronavirus as UFC 249 has been left in disarray following the development.

SunSport reports that Souza who was earlier billed to clash with Uriah Hall has been pulled from the cards as the bout is cancelled.

It was gathered that the Brazilian fighter earlier met a couple of people where he attended conferences as well as the weigh-in on Friday, May 8.

UFC 249 is being headlined by an epic showdown between Tony Ferguson’s and Justin Gaethje.

A UFC statement said: “UFC’s medical team examined Souza and his two cornermen and found them to be currently asymptomatic.

“As per UFC’s health and safety protocols, all three men have left the host hotel and will be self-isolating off premises, where UFC’s medical team will monitor their conditions remotely and will provide assistance with any necessary treatment.”

Souza’s news has thrown a big blow to UFC which was about taking advantage of the opportunity that other sports are currently sidelined.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Related posts
Reports

FINTECH TODAY: V says it is creating financial inclusion for everyone.

On the first episode of Fintech Today, presented by Streamline media and aired on Naija info, 99.3…
Read more
Reports

US special operations forces rescue American citizen held hostage in Nigeria

What does your country do for you? Earlier this week, an American citizen was taken hostage by…
Read more
Reports

#ENDSARSNOW: We just might be ready for change

Nigerian youths have all come together to have one voice against the menace that is “Special…
Read more
Newsletter
Get News first!

Sign up for Horus Blog's Daily Digest and get the best of Horus Blog, tailored for you.