Highlights

Ondo orders mass burial for unclaimed corpses

The  Ondo State Government has given an order to decongest the mortuaries at the public hospitals across the state.

It also ordered that mass burial should be conducted for all unclaimed corpses at the state health facilities.

The state Commissioner for Health, Dr Wahab Adegbenro, who disclosed this on Saturday, in Akure, the state capital, said morgues in government hospitals were already congested and if urgent measures were not taken, it would constitute a public health hazard to residents of the state.

According to the commissioner, the government, by taking the action, was not insensitive to the culture, traditions, and feelings of the people.

The commissioner recalled that a circular was earlier issued, stating that there is no prohibition of the burial of the loved ones but that the COVID-19 precautionary measures must be strictly adhered to.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Related posts
Highlights

FINTECH TODAY: V says it is creating financial inclusion for everyone.

On the first episode of Fintech Today, presented by Streamline media and aired on Naija info, 99.3…
Read more
Highlights

US special operations forces rescue American citizen held hostage in Nigeria

What does your country do for you? Earlier this week, an American citizen was taken hostage by…
Read more
Highlights

#ENDSARSNOW: We just might be ready for change

Nigerian youths have all come together to have one voice against the menace that is “Special…
Read more
Newsletter
Get News first!

Sign up for Horus Blog's Daily Digest and get the best of Horus Blog, tailored for you.