When you’re busy, staying healthy and keeping fit can be an uphill struggle.
Here are 7 tips that will help you find time so that you can keep in tip-top shape.
1. Create a List. A great way to focus your time on the things you value, such as staying healthy and fit, is to create a list of everything you’d like to do in your free time, such as watching your favourite TV series or running. Once you’ve got your list, number each activity in terms of how much of a priority it is for you, starting at number one and working your way down. At the end of this task you’ll have a list of the activities you value. Try to always fit in at least one of your top three priorities per day, even if it’s just for 15 minutes.
2. Less Can Be More. You do not always have to exercise for an hour to reap the benefits and as soon as you understand this you will be able to exercise more regularly, even when you have a jam-packed day. For example, you can do four minutes of kettle bell exercises, four minutes of abs work and two minutes of squats and lunges.
3. Learn Some Super Quick Recipes. Slaving over a hot oven is no fun, especially when you’ve had an awful day and arrive home late into the night. To make sure that on these days you don’t reach for unhealthy convenience foods learn some super quick recipes you can knock up in an instant. A turkey steak with a feta and beetroot salad is a healthy meal that can be knocked up in less than 10 minutes, as can vegetable fritters.
4. Use The Loudspeakers Or A Bluetooth pod. If you tend to be on the phone a lot, think about ways you can get active during these long calls. Getting out of the office and going for a walk somewhere quiet can be a great way to get some exercise without losing any concentration whilst on the phone, or even pacing in your office whilst on the phone can help keep you active and healthy.
5. Optimum Foods. When you’re busy your diet can suffer and vending machines, pizzas and takeaways can become too much of a regular occurrence. To make sure you’re getting the right nutrition make sure you always have a good stock of foods that deliver the maximum health benefits to hand. For example, tomatoes (good for your heart), spinach (good for your brain), blueberries (good for your cholesterol), salmon (good for weight loss) and pumpkin seeds (good for your memory) are hugely nutritious and will keep you full.
6. Relax. When you are chasing a day full of meetings with a busy evening your stress levels are probably sky-high and stress has a terrible impact on your health and wellbeing. Therefore one of the best things you can do to stay healthy and fit is to learn how to relax. If you don’t have time to meditate or take a hot bath, studies have found that even the anticipation of laughter can help us to relax and reduce stress levels in the body. So, take a look at some funny Youtube videos to help you unwind.
7. Live An Active Lifestyle. f you struggle to find the time to get to the gym or to get to your dance class then incorporating exercise into your lifestyle might help you to stay healthy and fit even when your schedule is maxed. For example, carry your shopping home rather than getting a cab, do some gardening with your partner on your date night, or go swimming with a friend instead of meeting for coffee.