A 10-year-old coronavirus patient is believed to have travelled out of Oyo State, despite a ban on interstate movement.
The state’s governor, Seyi Makinde, had earlier announced (on Wednesday, May 6, 2020) that two people were unaccounted for in the state after testing positive for the coronavirus.
He said they absconded before being admitted to any of the state’s isolation centres.
However, he announced late on Wednesday via Twitter that one of the patients had been found.
Makinde said the other patient is a 10-year-old boy that eyewitnesses say has boarded a vehicle bound for the northern part of the country.